Planning Permission Changes
- We spend a lot of time on planning issues - on wide ranging consultations and on certain individual applications.
- In future opposing inappropriate development may be even more difficult as the consequences of the Government’s “Bonfire of Planning Regulations” come home to roost.
- However, realisation is dawning and the leaders of several UK Councils have refused to exclude large house extensions from requiring planning permission.
- We feel, as do others, that Shrewsbury has large areas that are unspoilt and it would only require a few monstrous developments to do real damage to the townscape and/or to the river and brook environments.
- It may require a major public outcry to get some of these planning changes reversed so people need to be ready to protest and we challenge Shropshire Council to adopt the same vigorous approach to the issue as that being adopted by other UK Councils.
If you can, please visit the Public Exhibition at Lord Hill Hotel (Rowland Suite) on Fri 16th from 5-30 to 8-00 or Sat 17th from 10-00 to 5-00 to make comment on this proposed development on the site of Sutton grange Nursery.
You can either e-mail us with comments or contact your local Councillor.