Shrewsbury Friends of the Earth
is one of about 250 local groups affiliated to Friends of the Earth
in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We campaign for an improved
environment locally as well as on a national and international level.
Our main objectives are:
- to encourage local authorities and businesses to
adopt policies which take into account their impact on both the local
and global environment
- to support the national campaigns of Friends of the Earth by acting at a local level.
- to increase local awareness of environmental issues
- to promote a sustainable lifestyle based on a greater sensitivity to our own individual impact on the environment
- to encourage everyone to play their part in protecting the environment and have fun in the process!
- Campaign on local issues of environmental concern
- Support National FoE campaigns on national and international issues
- Send out email newsletters to members
- Hold regular group meetings and socials
At Shrewsbury Friends of the Earth, we know that the strength of our movement is dependent on the support and confidence of our supporters who give us their time, energy, and donations.
This is vital in helping us to protect people and planet. To ensure that we communicate with our members and supporters through their preferred channels, and to enable us to share updates about our work, we need to collect different types of information, including personal data. We understand the trust that our members and supporters place in us when sharing their data, and we will always do our utmost to respect that trust and protect their personal information.
- We will collect, process and use the personal data that you share with us in a way that is fair, transparent, and honest.
- We will only hold and use the personal data that you share with us in the ways you say we can.
- We will only contact you about matters that we believe are of relevance to Shrewsbury Friends of the Earth and which might interest you.
- We will not pass on nor sell your personal data to any other person or organisation unless you say we can.
- You have the right to amend or withdraw your consent about the ways in which we hold and use your personal data at any time.
- We will always respect your personal data rights as detailed in current data protection legislation.
- As a responsible organisation, we will always comply with our responsibilities and obligations as detailed in current data protection legislation.
- We will update the data that you have shared with us regularly, and ensure it is accurate.
- We will log all changes that we make to the personal data that you share with us. You can ask to see the record of the changes at any time.
- We will do all that we can to protect the personal data that you share with us through reasonable technical and organisational safeguards and measures.
- We will always comply with the current UK Information Commissioner’s Office guidance
Access to your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to request and be sent:
- confirmation that your data is being processed;
- access to your personal data; and
- other supplementary information that we hold about you.
Keeping your details up to date
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your home or email address, or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or changes in any way, or even if you simply wish to check that the data you have shared with us is up to date, please contact us
You can contact us:-
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
post - Coordinator Shrewsbury Friends of the Earth, 49, Cleveland Street, Shrewsbury ,SY2 5DN